Oradea International Theater Festival (FITO) is a large-scale cultural event, which aims to offer a space dedicated to theatrical arts, through which to stimulate cultural consumption, support and promote local dramatic creations, Romanian and foreign theatrical productions, as well as create opportunities for Romanian and foreign artists to share experiences of good practices, innovative ideas and to initiate national and international partnerships as diverse as possible.
This concept was launched in 2013 by the Queen Marie Theater in partnership with the Oradea International Theater Festival Cultural Foundation and gathers under its umbrella the Short Theater Festival (FTS), which has a competitive nature, the section Great Shows - Invited and Independent Shows - Fringe Section.
The Short Theater Festival is one of the most important sections of the Oradea International Theater Festival and continues a tradition that started at the Oradea Theater in 1976. FTS has now reached its 26th edition, being the only festival dedicated to the play in a single-act from Romania.
Conditions for participating in the Festival – Contest section:
- The selected performances must fit the Short Play specifications (a duration of a maximum of 90 minutes and no intermission);
- The selection of the presented performances will be announced by April 28th, 2023;
- The organizers are not liable for any problems related to the copyrights for the selected performances;
- The organizers assure the accommodation for 3 nights and transportation of people and settings on Romanian territory;
- The crew in this section must have a number of a maximum of 20 people;
- The organizers offer free technical assistance for each artistic crew that will participate in the festival;
- If possible, organizers will allow free access to other performances in the festival;
- At the crew’s request, organizers can also offer alternative locations for the performances;
- The festival is a contest; a jury formed of personalities in the Romanian theater industry will grant the following prizes:
Locations for the Festival:
Queen Marie Theater’s Main Hall
Queen Marie Theater’s Arcadia Hall
Queen Marie Theater’s Transylvania Hall
The mobile scene on Oradea Fortress
- accommodation for 3 nights
- deduction of transportation on Romanian territory
The crew for the performances must be a maximum of 20 people.
Details for the inscriptions of the performances:
Registration period: January 25th – March 17th 2023
Materials necessary for the registration:
- Recording of the performance (non-expiring link – drive or YouTube unlisted)
- Press extracts
- 5 photos
- Registration form (the performance chart, technical details, and logistic details) – ATTACHED
Queen Marie Theater
King Ferdinand 1st Square, No. 6, 410021, Oradea, Bihor county, Romania
For additional information, you can contact us at: